Brief overview of the role
An excellent opportunity to start a career, progress, and complete an apprenticeship within an established firm of solicitors.
Monday – Friday 8.45am – 5.30pm (1 hour for lunch).
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The person is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
- Prepare applications and type correspondences and documents as required by the fee earners and other members of staff.
- Deal with correspondences from the Home Office, High Court, immigration tribunals
- Prepare administrative reviews and appeals against refusals.
- Managing the reception area and communicate with other members of staff professionally and effectively.
- Organising and paginating of legal documents and other correspondences.
- Preparing witness statements and bundles to court.
- Attending court or the home office as and when required.
- Undertake photocopying, scanning, and archiving of files.
- Co-ordinate diaries and organise calendars for clients appointments and firm events.
- Maintain the firm’s client related documents to ensure they are organised and up-to-date.
- Carry out accounts and marketing relates duties of the firm.
- Undertake other clerical and administrative duties as may reasonably be required from time-to-time including maintenance of stationery supplies and ordering of the same in a timely manner.
- Undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients documentation and information are always maintained.
- Helping clients and staff with tea/coffee/drinks as and when required
Requirements and prospects
- The applicants should have a genuine interest in the legal sector and a desire to work in a legal support role and should possess the following:
- Excellent organisation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good knowledge of IT
- Professional telephone manner
- A willingness to learn, must be a quick learner and have good attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to use their initiative and thrive in a busy and fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities
- The successful candidate will need to be thorough, punctual, committed, and articulate; and demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Hard working
- Well mannered
- Smart appearance
GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and maths at grades A*-C/9-4
Potential to become a solicitor
Future progress is very much possible
About the employer
A niche and specialist law firm with a professional team of experienced lawyers. We act for well established businesses as well as high net worth individuals both in the UK and abroad. Our lawyers are qualified in various jurisdictions and specialise in Company and Commercial, Civil and Commercial litigation, Corporate and Private Immigration, Commercial and Residential property, Intellectual Property and several other specialist areas in law.
The successful candidate will be completing an NVQ Level 3 in Business and Administration.
- Utilising IT programs and software.
- Decision making.
- Managing a quality service.
- Project management.
- Understanding the organisation and stakeholders.
- Relevant regulations and policies.
- Business fundamentals.
- Professionalism and performance management.
- You will complete the Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard.
- This Apprenticeship will involve off the job training
- You will also develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours
- You need to have an employer to support your Apprenticeship and be employed in a relevant job role
- The typical length of this Apprenticeship course is 18 months
- This course has multiple start dates throughout the year